BacterioFiles 334 – Measuring Mycelial Moth Muncher Management
This episode: Figuring out the best way to study the spread of a fungus that kills an invasive tree-eating caterpillar pest!
Download Episode (8.2 MB, 8.9 minutes) Show notes: Microbe of the episode: Pasteurella aerogenes News item Journal Paper: Bittner TD, Hajek AE, Liebhold AM, Thistle H. 2017. Modification of a Pollen Trap Design To Capture Airborne Conidia of Entomophaga maimaiga and Detection of Conidia by Quantitative PCR. Appl Environ Microbiol 83:e00724-17.
Other interesting stories:
- Studying the whale microbiome
- Gut bacteria help herbivorous ants get enough nitrogen
- Environment factors can affect our microbes apart from genetic factors
- Fiber could encourage gut microbes to help with type 2 diabetes
- Gut microbes can affect parasitic worm infections
Email questions or comments to bacteriofiles at gmail dot com. Thanks for listening!